FiscalNote - Helping a Trusted Partner Maintain Its Good Name
Organizations rely on FiscalNote to stay on top of legislative developments through user-friendly software that provides accurate, real-time information and cutting-edge analytics. All of FiscalNote’s software offerings tie to the company’s mission — empowering organizations to take control of their government strategies. Founded in 2013, FiscalNote is based in Washington, DC.
Establishing the company’s first overseas office: FiscalNote identified South Korea as an ideal location, but the company had no experience with global expansion and operations. It needed to stay compliant with all local laws to protect its growing reputation.
Employing the company’s first overseas employee: FiscalNote looked to integrate into its new market by hiring a local citizen. It needed to make sure the new employee was provided with compensation and benefits that aligned with local laws and customs.
Maintaining operations on an ongoing basis: After operations were up and running, FiscalNote needed to make sure its new employee was paid on time each month and that all tax payments and filings were made in accordance with local laws.
- Reviewed legal entity options and recommended the best option based on FiscalNote’s planned activities.
- Established a representative office, making all required registrations and filings.
- Drafted a locally compliant employment contract and made necessary employer registrations.
- Provided ongoing payroll services using OverseasConnect, Radius’ integrated, secure software platform.
- Provided ongoing corporate-office compliance support, making all required payments and filings.
- Monitored tax and employment laws, keeping FiscalNote on top of any related changes.
- Reduced reputational risks by providing expert recommendations on legal entity options and entity establishment requirements.
- Promoted peace of mind and employee satisfaction by providing secure, reliable payroll services and software.
- Minimized financial risks by continuously monitoring local tax and employment laws to ensure ongoing compliance.