Social Tables - Testing International Waters While Staying Compliant
Social Tables is the industry-leading provider of cloud-based hospitality software that allows teams to work together efficiently online. More than 100,000 unique users have planned over 800,000 events in the company’s 1 billion+ square foot Venue Library. Founded in 2011, Social Tables is based in Washington, D.C.
Establishing optimal legal entities: Social Tables looked to establish offices in Singapore and the UK to assess markets in Asia and Europe respectively. The company was unfamiliar with local tax laws and wanted to set up minimal legal presences while staying in compliance.
Paying new employees and providing appropriate benefits: Social Tables hired local employees in each new office and needed to provide the workers with locally compliant benefits. It also needed to ensure that all required income and social taxes were withheld and remitted to local authorities.
Obtaining ongoing regulatory expertise: Social Tables required ongoing advisory support to ensure it remained compliant with evolving tax and employer obligations in two very different jurisdictions and time zones.
- Recommended optimal legal-entity structures in Singapore and the UK based on local laws and Social Tables’ short- and long-term strategies.
- Established legal entities and registered employees with tax authorities.
- Drafted employment contracts and ensured that the new employees’ benefits conformed to local laws and customs, including providing appropriate insurance.
- Provided payroll services across multiple countries using OverseasConnect, Radius’ integrated, secure software platform.
- Provided ongoing advisory services to ensure continued compliance with evolving local laws.
- Provided a flexible, compliant means of operating in new countries, including establishing minimal legal footprints that can be expanded.
- Promoted employee engagement by providing advice on compliant and customary benefits and drafting compliant contracts.
- Lowered ongoing risks by providing continuous updates on legal changes across jurisdictions and time zones.