Senior Manager, Advisory Services
The Senior Manager of Advisory Services is responsible for managing Radius, GGE (USA), Inc.’s (“RADIUS”) most complex client engagements. As a client’s primary point of contact for RADIUS’s Advisory Services, this role partners closely with multiple executive contacts on the client team to ensure the successful client engagements around the world. This critical role serves as a trusted advisor to our clients, and involves managing multiple projects, deadlines, and regular communication with multiple parties.
• Manage overall account engagement and client relationship as the primary point of advisory contact at RADIUS;
• Establish confidence and trust between client and RADIUS to set the tone for successful client engagement;
• Coordinate delivery of RADIUS Advisory services, and actively seek opportunities to recommend/sell additional RADIUS services, as appropriate;
• Frequently communicate with client representatives (primarily CFOs, Controllers and HR VP’s/Directors) and RADIUS’s Advisory delivery teams to ensure that all client needs are being adequately met;
• Prioritize multiple tasks across several internal groups, ensure quality and completion, taking ultimate accountability for meeting established deadlines;
• Provide billable technical and project management advisory services to client base;
• Travel to client locations (where physical location allows and in the alternative to hold meetings via telephone / videoconference) and conduct quarterly client meetings to:
• assess the performance of RADIUS over the previous quarter to ensure client needs are being met
• understand client’s current/future business strategy in regard to international expansion
• identify potential enhancements in RADIUS’ service offering
• identify new international advisory projects
• discuss other issues as necessary to ensure the engagement is successful
• Manage the overall profitability of the client’s advisory engagements. Drive firm revenue by regularly reviewing and analyzing costs charged to an account, and notify delivery teams accordingly of issues related to non-billable hours;
• Oversee client engagement and finance management as it relates to the advisory work and related supplemental work included in client accounts in assigned portfolio, specifically*:
• Invoicing and A/R collection management
• Affiliate invoice approvals
• Review and approve client “projects” and “PO’s” within RADIUS’ accounting system
o Leverage internal and external resources to engage additional consulting work and generate new consulting opportunities for RADIUS;
o Other responsibilities as necessary.
*Note: The Senior Manager of Advisory Services will have a non-dedicated Associate-level resource to assist in provisioning and managing all related RADIUS Finance and client “administrative” tasks across the team’s assigned portfolio.
- Bachelor’s degree. Accounting or Finance, International Business, or legal studies would be strongly desired although not essential if other skills are strong. A CPA, MBA, MSA, or MST or similar is a plus;
- 4+ years in an international business environment and/or in providing advisory/consulting services to outside clients. A Manager role within a Big 4 or second tier advisory services firm is strongly preferred, or as a commercial lawyer with international focus within a law firm. Relationship management skills with direct responsibility for managing and coordinating international expansion services and addressing related issues, implications, etc. are essential;
- Experience interacting with senior level management and a track record of successful client management is required;
- Strong project management and organizational skills are required. The ability to successfully manage multiple, complex projects and be able to identify and work with details and ensure follow-up and completion, is a must in our fast paced environment;
- Outstanding written, verbal and listening skills are required. The ability to understand what is communicated orally and an urgency to resolve issues quickly and appropriately is a must;
- Candidates must possess excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to quickly build rapport and establish trust and understanding with others;
- Proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, and Excel is required. Some experience with ERP systems, or web-based portal applications (e.g. SharePoint), is preferred;
- The willingness and ability to travel domestically approximately 25% of the time and, if necessary, internationally (<2%), is required.
Measurements of Success:
- Growth in advisory revenues from organic client portfolio as determined on quarterly basis;
- Realized (“billed and collected”) hours greater than 1,000 annually;
- Excellent client satisfaction and Net Promoter Score of 8.0+.