Excelerate Energy - Streamlining Global Payroll and Optimizing Benefits
Founded in 2003, Excelerate Energy is the pioneer and market leader in innovative floating LNG solutions. Excelerate offers a full range of floating regasification services, from FSRU to infrastructure development. Based in Texas, Excelerate also has presences in Buenos Aires, Dubai and other global locations.
Simplifying global payroll: Excelerate was operating in Argentina and had plans to begin operations in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Dissatisfied with its payroll provider in Argentina and wary of engaging multiple providers across jurisdictions, Excelerate looked to simplify its global payroll operations and increase transparency.
Paying new employees during the registration process: Excelerate hired employees in the UAE while it was in the process of legally registering there. It needed a low-risk means of paying its new employees during the registration process.
Providing appropriate employee benefits: Excelerate needed to provide its new employees in the UAE with locally compliant and suitable benefits.
- Provided compliant payroll services across multiple countries using OverseasConnect, Radius’ integrated, secure software platform.
- Ran an alternative payroll for newly hired employees in the UAE during the payroll-registration process.
- Once the UAE registrations were complete, ensured that the new UAE payroll accounted for the withholdings from the alternative payroll.
- Ensured that the employee benefits of the newly hired workers conformed to local laws and customs.
- Increased visibility and control of overseas payroll operations by providing a single point of contact and an integrated software platform.
- Lowered compliance risks by running an alternative payroll during the legal registration process in Excelerate’s new country of operation.
- Promoted employee satisfaction and reduced risks by providing advice on statutory and customary benefits.